APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Premiere to FCPX. Should i??????

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andy Neil
Re: Premiere to FCPX. Should i??????
on Dec 22, 2013 at 4:08:11 am

[Dale Roberts] "I shoot on the C100 and do mutlicam with a GH3. How is it using MultCam?"

It's probably the best multicam design out there.

[Dale Roberts] "Bluray. This is my main concern as I love Encore. What are people using to Author a Bluray with a custom menu and chapters?"

If you have a Mac (ie: using FCPX), then Encore is pretty much your only option for Blu-rays. You can technically make the files and burn a Blu-ray in Compressor, but your options are very limited.

[Dale Roberts] "Color Correctiom- I love using the RGB curves in PP. Anything similar in FCPX?"

No curves, but now with the FX3 Plug support, some 3rd party might create one. However, I'm happy with the color board as it's very intuitive to use.

[Dale Roberts] "I'm no guru on After effects at all but I like to just make simple title pages with a text animation"

Motion is tailor made for editors who can do some effects but don't need everything that AE has to offer. It's great for doing titles and it's compatibility with FCPX is solid, especially when it comes to making templates.

[Dale Roberts] "How is the general transition to editing in a totally different way? "

That's a difficult question to answer. Some people take to FCPX like a duck to water, and others struggle as they try to make it work the way their previous NLE works. It took me about 3 weeks to become comfortable with it and I actually prefer the workflow to Avid, or FCP7, or Premiere but I still use all those programs. The best piece of advice I can think to give is to try and let go of your preconceptions and take it for how it presents itself. Explore it like you would if you didn't already know track-based editing. You'll fail, but the closer you can get to doing that, the less frustration you'll have learning.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]