APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

The right Mac Pro for FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

KrickeT Ro
The right Mac Pro for FCPX
on Dec 21, 2013 at 5:49:26 pm
Last Edited By KrickeT Ro on Dec 21, 2013 at 5:50:00 pm

Hi, I hope I posted in the correct forum.

I am using FCPX at my church to edit our sermons. I do very basic editing. We cut out the dead space and add our logo on the video. It is very basic editing. We are looking to purchase the new Mac Pro but we are not sure if it is worth the upgrade and if it is, which model we should buy.

We currently record our videos to an iMac (2.9 GHz Intel Core i5 - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB) with Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Express. The video comes in as (HD 1080i - ProRes 422 LT) and goes to a 6TB G-RAID with Thunderbolt.

Once I edit the videos. We export for Vimeo, YouTube, and we create a DVD of each service. I am guessing purchasing even the base model Mac Pro will help cut down on the time it takes to do all this.

My first question is: is it worth the $2,999 upgrade? Does anyone know even a guestimate of how long it will take to export a 40 minute sermon for Vimeo? Right now with the iMac it takes about 5 hours just for Vimeo compression.

My next question is: what would be the ideal configuration for the Mac Pro? I want it to use FCPX to its full potential. I made a PDF of the configurations from Apple's website. Can someone please shed some words of wisdom of what is best to have in a production computer? Is the processor most important? The RAM? The Video Card? I have no clue. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

6932_macpro.pdf.zip

Thank you so much!
kricket.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]