APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: A word from Julie, Your Cruise Director

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: A word from Julie, Your Cruise Director
on Dec 20, 2013 at 5:54:43 pm

So sorry I missed your note, Glenn.

[Glenn Grant] "[Tim Wilson] "("Wholly troll-y" is almost as good as "echo chamber of bitterness," right?)"

Isn't that from a Neil Diamond song?"

I was actually thinking more David Bowie than Neil Diamond. Specifically, the 1971 non-album track, recorded when early attempts at making his 1970 (US)/1971 (UK) album The Man Who Sold The World take off fell flat. (It's one of my favorite Bowie albums, and deserves your attention.)

The b-side was Black Country Rock, the nifty opening track of TMWSTW, which really should have been a hit. This single went nowhere.

He later recorded a more uptempo version of Holy Holy for The Return of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars, but didn't use it right away. Instead, this new version was used as the b-side to the Diamond Dogs single. That one obviously did just fine.

Even though the former should have been used, a mislabeled version of the latter wound up as a bonus track on one of the MWSTW reissues. That version has never since the light of day, even the new one is now out of print. You can find 'em on YouTube and...elsewhere...but I leave that to you.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]