APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Internet News Provider using FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Internet News Provider using FCP 7
on Dec 10, 2013 at 7:53:50 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Dec 10, 2013 at 7:59:27 pm

[Franz Bieberkopf] "Bill,

Your math is off. (1500 / month not per day, so by your calculations that's 42 videos per month, or about 2 a day).

On a wider note, I've watched the video and I'm still not sure what these people do.

Franz."

Mea Culpa.

As to what they do, I suspect they largely take content from the new "newsfeed aggregators" -and re-package it into bite sizes news stories that are mobile friendly.

About half a mile from where I live, one of those huge aggregators is located - they have feeds from all around the globe, and produce the "stories" that show up on your local newscasts around the country every day and night. The fiction that your local TV station is creating the majority of their newscast content the way they used to - by sending reporters out into the streets to gather content is exactly that - it's fiction.

Next time you watch your local news - watch it with an eye to what's truly local. If it's more than 10-20% locally generated I'd be surprised.

Similarly, when something happens of note - a big high profile trial or a large visually attractive disaster - it goes up to the same service and news directors all over the planet can tap into that stream and run it if it's "sexy" enough.

The sad thing is that what's now "news" is no longer the most important or the most informative stories for the local audience, it's the cute waterskiing squirrel footage from Orlando. Cuz that draws more eyeballs than the boring city council meeting where they just quietly gave the city trash hauling contract to the Mayor's brother in law.

Now if somebody happens to have an iPhone grabbing video in that meeting - AND if somebody knows that "Unified Trash Technologies" is in fact, Mayor connected - then there's a chance you might find out about it. But without video, it hardly exists anymore as far as news goes.

The service referenced here is just the dawn of the "internet first" video feed era - reflecting precisely the same business model that has already changed the broadcast industry, IMO.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]