APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: A word from Julie, Your Cruise Director

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: A word from Julie, Your Cruise Director
on Dec 6, 2013 at 5:18:06 am

First, thank you all. I appreciate your kind words and understanding.

Sorry to be away for the day. I didn't plan it that way...although if I'd thought about it I might have. :-)

And hey, I've been using emoticons since the second I knew such a thing existed, but now I worry that someone might see it as not very well-veiled hostility. LOL

Anyway...

[Chris Harlan] "[James Culbertson] "an uninterrupted echo chamber of bitterness."

Such great phrase, is it not?!"

It really is classic, but c'mon man, this place is wall to wall interruptions. LOL

I felt bad about that thread though, because I like and respect Evan....but it's a classic example of a thread with difficult but legit issues (less for me about the unimpeachably ethical Evan than the issue of implied endorsement in general), derailed by one guy. The thread feels a lot different with him not on it. Especially once I get around to removing the now-orphaned posts replying to him. :-)

[Clint Wardlow] "I don't think a few questionable posts from time to time will earn you a nuke. In fact, the occasional such post adds a little spice.

It is just when someone hijacks almost every thread, every day until it devolves into childish bicker-fest that the nuke button needs to be pushed."

Exactly.

I regularly refer to this a full-contact forum, and I like it like that. It's why I tend to let things run hotter than some people might like. I really only step in when it gets personal, and in this one case, where it felt wholly troll-y.

("Wholly troll-y" is almost as good as "echo chamber of bitterness," right?)

Everybody has a bad inning now and again, and we're all dealing with all kinds of nonsense in life offline. (Wait, what? What is this "life offline" you speak of?) The goal is to make room for each other's bad days, and leave time for ice cream after arguments to the death.

(Well said, Herb.)

[Martin Curtis] "Wow. Amazing. Did you see the pants Julie was wearing?"

Those pictures were worth a lot more than a thousand words.

[Chris Harlan] "Well, 3 Cheers for Mr. Man!"

"Mr. Man" are definitely two of the words I was thinking of, and definitely the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me here that wasn't also complimenting my hair. LOL

Thanks again, everyone. We now return you to your uninterrupted interruptions and ice cream.

Tim

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]