APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Palpable disappointment

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Palpable disappointment
on Dec 5, 2013 at 7:18:21 pm

Well Jeremy, it's not the concern for the end user. But that's just one part of the "new product puzzle."

If you want to go into the Apple store and your local Best Buy and kick the tires - apple has to distribute stock to those retailers. How many retailers in, say Chicago, need to be shipped units? Likely the MacPro R2DX units required just to stock up for general retail sales for just one major city numbers in the thousands.

And that's as true in Rome and Sao Paulo as it is in Chicago.

And from my work with retailers, i can say with confidence that this also means the retailers where this new product is landing have to allow for back stock storage space, processes for repair and returns, and even re-work store planograms to allow shelf and display space. None of this is unusual or even complicated, but it all takes some time. And with Apple's tastes for keeping producer roll-outs "confidential" TIL they break, right now they have to manage this in a holiday shopping environment where their stores are in massive "all hands on deck" mode.

My suspicion is that we'll see the announcement and on-line BTO sales go live in Dec. But that new Mac Pros in the retail system not until after the first of the year.

But I could be wrong.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]