APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Palpable disappointment

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mitch Ives
Re: Palpable disappointment
on Dec 4, 2013 at 5:40:50 pm

[Mark Dobson] "Helmut, not being able to get what you can't get because it isn't there for you to get it even though you want it badly isn't going to get you what you want when you want it because you simply can't have it because it just isn't available, not just for you, but for all the other people who are also waiting for something they've been waiting for for a long time."

Here's my issue. It isn't with Apple and when they can deliver the new Mac Pro. It's their baby and they get to release it whenever they want to.

No, my problem is with the influence (read interference) that they engage in with third party suppliers. I have a use for a new TB disk array... that need is here now (actually, it's been here for over a month). Given that TB2 is the new interface and is really a requirement for the Mac Pro if you want to get all its performance, it makes sense at this point to buy a TB2 disk array... especially since they are backwards compatible with the original TB.

The new TB2 arrays have been available for shipment for some time now. By available, I mean they are in the warehouse sitting in boxes (collecting dust)... and not on my desk. Why is that? Because Apple won't allow these third party suppliers to sell anything with TB2 until Apple says so... since TB2 is their baby. We can only assume that their approval for the release of non-Apple equipment will come when the Mac Pro ships. I say "assume" because Apple can't possibly give us any other explanation for blocking the shipment of equipment that can be used today, regardless of when the Mac Pro ships.

Once again, the marketing and message hype equation gets in the way of what is best for the consumer. What damn difference does it make if I'm using a TB2 array on a slower TB1 interface and getting some work done while I wait for Apple to release the Mac Pro so I can finally get the full benefit? None... absolutely none, except that the customer would come first over Apple's perceived "splash" factor.

Honestly, sometimes Apple acts like Sony... the company we all love to hate.

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]