APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Palpable disappointment

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Helmut Kobler
Re: Palpable disappointment
on Dec 4, 2013 at 6:38:22 am

Even if Apple isn't ready to ship today, Dec 3, I doubt there's anything stopping the company from posting BTO pricing *today*, and simply having the web store say "Ships Dec 20" or whatever. Having waited about 3.5 years for this update, I'm *more than ready* to know what my options are, and how much they'll cost.

There's definitely a lack of plain old empathy at Apple for certain customers. Take Apple's inexplicable and massive product delays (i.e., 1255 days without a Mac Pro, long absence of Final Cut before X's introduction, selling '09's edition of Mac iWork until just recently, etc. etc. etc.) and combine it with the company's asinine, smug radio silence about what's going on, and you get deep frustration on the part of some customers.....customers who have invested massive amounts of time and money in the Apple ecosystem, all with Apple's eager encouragement.

But it's all about Apple's convenience. Apple's schedule. Whatever.

I still prefer Apple products over the competition, but these last few years have shown me that Apple can be *deeply* fallible, and there's some aspect of the company's culture that is rotten....something that's entirely content with doing a mediocre, apathetic job for its customers.

The new Mac Pro may be great, I'm definitely looking forward to it, but that doesn't excuse all the bullshit that's come beforehand, and I'm really, *really* sick of being in an epic holding pattern because some grossly over-paid, comfy execs couldn't be bothered to plan a smooth product transition.

-------------------
Los Angeles Cameraman
Canon C300 (x2), Zeiss CP.2 lenses, P2 Varicam, etc.
http://www.lacameraman.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]