APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP-X and misrepresentation

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: FCP-X and misrepresentation
on Dec 3, 2013 at 11:49:45 pm

be it FCP-X, or Thunderbolt, or RED Cameras, or SSD's or problems with Blackmagic and AJA cards with Adobe Premiere, I respectfully reserve the right to post my observations on a public forum. I started doing this with AVID Media Composer on AVID-L, (which became AVID-L2, and then FCP-L) and now Creative Cow, that seems to have taken over most of the other forums out there.

There is nothing that drives me more crazy than when you have a problem with a product - and you think that you are an idiot because you can't get something to work - and you contact the company, and they tell you "no one else is having this issue". It's these forums that allow the truth to come out. My memorable one for Creative Cow is when both Walter Biscardi and myself were having AJA Kona 3 audio popping problems with 720p video, and at the time AJA told us independently that they had never heard of that problem, when both of us were complaining about the same problem at the same time to the same people. It is only because of forums like Creative Cow that the truth comes out. Now I LOVE AJA, and Walter Biscardi LOVES AJA (that's all he uses, and that's all I try to install), but when there are problems, it should NOT be a secret, and it should not seem "disrespectful".

I am not bashing FCP-X - I think it's becoming a great product, and while it may have problems, so does Adobe Premiere CC. And everyone knows that @RadicalMedia is a top production company in NY, that has the long track record to prove it over and over again. I was just stating my observation, which took me by surprise. I should have no negative feeling about making my observation - no differently than when Adobe/AVID/Blackmagic/AJA/Apple, etc. comes out with the new 2014 product XYZ - and if there are problems, they should be discussed RIGHT AWAY on Creative Cow (and other forums). That's the whole purpose of being here.

If we can't do that, then I might as well go back to reading Videography and POST Magazine, that would NEVER tolerate behavior that I have exhibited in threads like this.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]