APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP-X and misrepresentation

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP-X and misrepresentation
on Dec 3, 2013 at 7:38:34 pm

[Herb Sevush] " It has to do with standing honestly by your public pronouncements, and if you have good reason to change your course, say so with the same voice you used before as opposed to running and hiding and blaming everyone else for being unfair to you, like a sad little baby unicorn."

I'm not quite sure "changed course" is an accurate description of the situation.

"As for Radical. Our transition has been interesting. And is coming to a head in the next few weeks. Many of us use FCPX. The facility is 95% FCP, sure. And has been the entire year. I am glad you used the date in your post to emphasize the uncovering of this horrible conspiracy. We used FCPX on real client work around 10.0.3/4. Overall there was no doubt then that there were many things that showed me that this was the future. There were to many things missing. It was not the Macro sized changes that were the real show stopper, it was the micro things that were missing and the lack of an efficient way to collaborate that made us wait to roll it out. Many of us began to use it on our own, and in some areas, including myself, I did not do any work in 7 last year. My use is quite different however. Over the months we got through 9 releases? Some pretty major. We are awaiting the new release that had been announced."

I am sure that at the time the article was written, it was accurate.

Setting up a bunch of people to test a new NLE on a shared system is no small feat, even if it was somewhat temporary. @Radical did not stop using FCPX, nor did they switch to Linux or Windows or take some other drastic measure.

They simply stayed with what they have and use FCPX when appropriate. It's is exactly what we are doing and while we are in the midst of changing course, we did not do a course change.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]