APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP-X and misrepresentation

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: FCP-X and misrepresentation
on Dec 3, 2013 at 6:44:13 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "There is nothing wrong with recognizing potential, talking about and discussing this potential, but waiting for further development before fully utilizing that potential."

Your quite right, there is nothing wrong with your approach, nor the approach outlined by Evan in his response to Bob.

But that has nothing to do with the question Bob raised at the beginning of this thread. The question under consideration is if there's something wrong with proclaiming the virtues of something, seeking publicity for that proclamation, and then quietly not acting in accordance.

It's not about being right or wrong, it's about hype and BS. Apple published that article about Evan's company trying to use his example as an argument to sway people to buy into FCPX today, not tomorrow. I didn't read anything in that article about "waiting for development." Nor did I read anything in the post I linked to from 2 years ago.

Evan's post here was logical, concise and persuasive - but it wouldn't have gotten him the pub he received by being highlighted by Apple, and they weren't interested in writing about "waiting for future developments."

I suggest you read the article and then explain to me how you would reconcile it with Evan's post on this forum.

http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/in-action/radical/

I am wounded to the core at this dissembling and now feel like crying "the tears of a sad baby unicorn."

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]