APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP-X and misrepresentation

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn Miller
Re: FCP-X and misrepresentation
on Dec 3, 2013 at 8:33:28 am

[Lance Bachelder] "I'm fairly mid-sized, 6'2", 230lb and I use Vegas! Have for 13 years and though, like FCPX, it has it's shortcomings, it's still by far the best NLE when it comes to audio. Matter of fact I just installed a new Blue Sky Sky One surround system and will mix all my shows in 5.1 in Vegas regardless of the NLE I use. I've cut many a show in Vegas including the Emmy winning Back at the Barnyard for Nickelodeon - it's a weird and wonderful NLE and rumor has it it may be ported to Mac..."

I guess by that standard I'm also mid sized. ;-) Seriously though, I think it's cool that you've done so much broadcast work using Vegas, and I completely agree with you regarding its audio capabilities. I'm just wondering what the uptake is like these days. I do hope that Vegas get's ported to the Mac as well, it would be good to see Sony spreading out a bit more and making the NLE market even more competitive. My daydream is that someday we'll all have a lot more hardware and software choices, and that our work will be connected by open standards media and exchange formats.

I know some people want the whole creative community to have a single vendor for everything from their mobile phones to their NLEs to their television sets... but man, what a recipe for disaster! Would love to see Vegas sell a LOT of seats on the Mac... and hopefully on Linux too someday. :-)

Shawn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]