APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP-X and misrepresentation

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Davidson
Re: FCP-X and misrepresentation
on Dec 3, 2013 at 1:21:48 am

I think that maybe what Promise means is that those new performance standards are being set in the Thunderbolt realm. Vague, for sure, but until we get our hands on one who can say?

[Bob Zelin] "When John Davidson gets on Cow (and you get on Cow) and talk about FCP-X - you guys are USING FCP-X, and that's what counts. Marketing videos that are not accurate, and misrepresent the facts - well, it's just not right. So am I a baby ? Maybe. "

In regards to our FCPX On Air videos, we've updated quite a few elements of our hardware, networking (Thanks Bob!) and even location in the past year, but I've just not felt the need to add anything else because:

1. The software and our workflow has been basically the same. What you saw is still how we do it.
2. There are better and more talented individuals that instruct people on the usage of software than me
3. With the big update coming I don't want to waste any time adding to a discussion that might fundamentally change in a matter of days or weeks.

My whole goal with the series was to show that you can, in fact, do much of what people said couldn't be done with FCPX. It might be nice to show off the new Mac Pros and 10.1 in a somewhat personal pet project. I LOVE the idea of shooting something that looks great on an RX100 and Rode iPhone lav mic, but it really boils down to if we have time.

Big changes are coming very very soon for FCPX. If the 3 month update cycle starts fresh this month, who knows what we'll get for FCPX in time for NAB.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]