APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP-X and misrepresentation

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: FCP-X and misrepresentation
on Dec 3, 2013 at 1:13:13 am

Hi Keith -
in a recent press release from Promise -
http://www.promise.com/news_room/news.aspx?rsn=1137&m=23®ion=en-global

the quote -
“SANLink2 and Pegasus2 have set new standards for performance and flexibility, creating a whole new realm of possibilities for multimedia pros and power users,” said James Lee, CEO, PROMISE Technology.

I commented on this when it was released on the SAN networks forum (I can't find the press release on Cow, or my comment) -

but I commented that I highly doubt that the Pegasus2 will ever outperform a current (old) Promise VTrak 16 bay fibre chassis, yet the press release indicates that this new technology will create new standards for performance. Perhaps I am mis reading this. But to me, it's misrepresenting the facts - even from the same manufacturer.

So my comments about @Radical Media come from perhaps MY misinterpretation of the original videos. When I first saw them, I thought to myself "boy, I must be missing the boat here - this guy, who is an expert is saying that this is the greatest thing since sliced bread". Again, I am NOT bashing FCP-X - I am trying to embrace it and adapt to it. But when you see a video like this, you tend to believe (well, at least I tend to believe) that these guys think it's great, and they are switching. But it's not true. Same with the Promise press release. When I read the press release, it gives ME the impression that this will set NEW PERFORMACE STANDARDS, meaning that the new Pegasus 2 will do greater than 1500 MB/sec. Will this be true ? If it's not, then Promise has MIS REPRESENTED themselves in this press release.

Remember the old FCP ad (around FCP 3 time) - the $50,000 edit suite, now $995 ? It was never $995, because you always needed these little things like "computers" and "monitors". And that ad had a Digi Beta machine in it. Maybe Apple got a good deal on the digi beta machine !

When John Davidson gets on Cow (and you get on Cow) and talk about FCP-X - you guys are USING FCP-X, and that's what counts. Marketing videos that are not accurate, and misrepresent the facts - well, it's just not right. So am I a baby ? Maybe.

And for the record, when I was in NY, I installed @Radical Media's AVID systems.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]