APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCP-X and misrepresentation

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
FCP-X and misrepresentation
on Dec 3, 2013 at 12:05:43 am

I am about to get myself in trouble. I often do this, and I am about to do this now.

Before I get myself in trouble, let me say that while I have my opinion of FCP X, I have become pretty familiar with FCP X, and am trying to be as open minded as possible about FCP-X. I accept the reality that the "next gen" of editors that comes into our market may totally ignore Adobe Premiere and AVID Media Composer (and will have never seen FCP 7) and only use FCP-X. But even now, there are plenty of pro users with FCP X, and I have installed quite a few shared storage systems with FCP X users (including our beloved John Davidson from Magic Feather). So I am NOT close minded to FCP-X.
I accept it.

Now for the trouble -
When FCP-X first started, there was a video, from a big, real company in NY - @Radical Media, that was preaching the gospel about FCP-X.
Here is one link to the gospel from @Radical Media -

http://www.lafcpug.org/phorum/read.php?19,277611,277674

and here is another -
http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/in-action/radical/

WELL - it turn out, that in REAL LIFE, as of 12/2/2013 - @Radical Media DOES NOT USE FCP-X, and is STILL using FCP 7 on all of their systems. I was shocked to hear this, as I thought that if there was only one big, well known company that was using FCP-X from day 1, it was @Radical Media.

So once again, I am not bashing FCP-X, and actually, I am trying to embrace it, and look forward to the new release. I acknowledge that
FCP-X is one of the tools that is available today, in addition to AVID Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, legacy FCP7 (and I guess a few Vegas and Edius users). But it just bothers me about the preaching, when none of it is true.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]