APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Does FCP X corrupt too easily?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Dobson
Re: Does FCP X corrupt too easily?
on Nov 26, 2013 at 6:55:06 am

I haven't encountered the issues you have been dealing with Oliver but FCPX seems to me to require ongoing maintenance and third party tools to work efficiently.

It's a lot lot better than it was when it was launched, and a lot easier to run than FCP7 was and what I've observed through reading about specific problems that experienced and inexperienced users have encountered is that any problems or issues are very user specific.

To solve these issues requires some detective work and the guilty party is normally a piece of 3rd party support software that has not been updated to work with either a new version of FCPX or as I experienced recently, an upgrade to a new operating system.

And that is a risk that you take every time you upgrade. Whilst you know that you will get things working again a lot of time is lost sorting out issues.

I recently found that, since upgrading to Mavericks, I couldn't escape from Full screen view without quitting FCPX. After a lot of time spent doing the normal things such as 1. Trashing preferences, 2. Repairing Disk permissions, 3. Trashing the Cache folder, 4. Removing all Matrox software and firmware until they catch up with Mavericks.

None of these worked. However I then reinstalled Digital Rebellions Preference Manager and Bingo, my problem was solved.

I think that preference manager has not been adjusted for Mavericks as I am still having issues with trashing preferences on an intermittent basis, but that could just be my set up.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]