APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Problem burning DVD with compressor 4

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: Problem burning DVD with compressor 4
on Nov 26, 2013 at 1:59:59 am

Why do you want to deinterlace the video? That will lower the quality of your video somewhat, and give you a more stuttery look. You'd be going from 60images a second to 30. And likely, since you shot 1080i, your shutter was faster than i would be had you been shooting progressive,

Why don't you try it interlaced first. Since you're burning an SD DVD, and SD is interlaced, I don't see the problem. HDTV is interlaced too. It's either broadcast 1080i, or 720p. 1080i has 60 fields and 720p has 60 frames. Doesn't mean stuff wasn't shot progressive of course.

If you don't get good results, try what Russ said about doing it IN compressor with the scaling setting set to best. What I've found is if you're watching the DVD on a SD television, it'll be fine. But if like most, you're watching it on an HDTV, being upscaled by the TV or DVD player, you'll see the difference.

You could alternatively try dropping your whole HD project into an SD sequence, and sharing to DVD from that. Perhaps X is better than legacy FCP at downscaling.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]