APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX is not used by professionals and only suitable for editing home movies!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Shamwell
Re: FCPX is not used by professionals and only suitable for editing home movies!
on Oct 23, 2013 at 4:55:15 pm

Absolutely understand those situations. And for a time very common ones, but in today's world of iPhones shooting HD VIDEO and Cameras becoming a lot more robust and less expensive, these situations are unique to individuals like you and in less than 5 years most of them won't exist. I am sure there are professional editors out there who would not know how to tackle some of your situations.

For me Oliver I guess its just that my gut strongly feels that what Apple has done with FCPX will be historically and accurately described as REVOLUTIONARY when all is said and done! (I don't work for Apple or have any stock.) It will make it much easier for the standout talent to shine and not be overshadowed by those who "know" how the program works. Its like Apple is saying, we know how it works, lets see what you can do with it! I will probably never digest another tape the rest of my editing lifetime and I am happy for it! But unlike so many who said you couldn't in X anyway, I know that was simply not true! Just being able to drop any kind of media in the timeline and not worry about having to "do" anything makes for much more positive editing mindset for me. And while I, like you, will look at the new editors coming up an say.."you have no idea what it was like 30 years ago", I embrace all the changes that are here and coming to the world of Media Creation!! Again Oliver, I do apologize if you feel I misrepresented your statements. I am very passionate and love the dialogue as it gives me a chance to share my views and possibly help others dare to "see" things a bit differently.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]