APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX is not used by professionals and only suitable for editing home movies!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Shamwell
Re: FCPX is not used by professionals and only suitable for editing home movies!
on Oct 23, 2013 at 5:54:32 am

"It's not hundreds - it's thousands, before you can even consider yourself any good" Herein lies the the Crux of why many "Professional" editors don't like FCPX! Because its easy to learn! Because you can achieve "professional" results without the thousands of hours you speak of. That is the whole point Oliver that I and others are trying to make with what makes FCPX more than ready for Professional Editors! The Paradigm of what a Professional Editor has changed. Your description is no longer valid that so many hours is needed to produce great looking results! The two easiest tools to use in all of creativity are probably the pencil and paper. What goes on that canvas is at the hands of the artist. Its the same for Video Editing! FCPX is a much easier tool to use and yes it looks very different. But what makes an Editor an artist is his gift for timing, symmetry, continuity and storytelling. What makes an Editor a Professional is one who makes a living doing it. Period...and that does not mean "thousands" of hours. And no, once an individual learns the language of Editing, keyframing and such, they can become quite good in a very short period of time, especially using an editor that makes editing much more intuitive. Again, sorry if you feel I disrespected you, but your response is just what I meant. My belief is Apple is looking at Video as the future of communication. So why not make the tools for doing such...easier, more intuitive. While many have called FCPX, iMovie Pro...many a professional has used iMovie for capturing and rough cutting video. Its actually a very good program and many make a lot of money just using it! But you would probably not call them "Professional" And that my friend where we disagree. Some of the best editors did not go to school for it. And everything you know isn't needed by many of the editors of today. That just makes you a more knowledgeable Editor, not anymore talented or Professional. There is a thousand times more footage being edited today than 15 years ago, and its not film and TV work either! Things have changed dramatically and so has the "Professional" Editor, both in body and in software.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]