APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX is not used by professionals and only suitable for editing home movies!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: FCPX is not used by professionals and only suitable for editing home movies!
on Oct 22, 2013 at 5:35:55 pm

[Craig Shamwell] " as Oliver is quintessential as to the "misconception" that FCPX is some how only suitable for home movies and those who edit using FCPX are somehow not "Professional Editors"!"

I had tried to go away from this thread because it's become incredibly boring and generally does not speak well for the FCP X community. However, I find this last comment directed at me quite insulting, grossly misrepresenting what I actually wrote and completely uninformed. So it begs for a response.

I'm not sure where you think my misconceptions are. Clearly you haven't read much of what I wrote in this or the other similar thread over the weekend. You certainly haven't read much of anything I've written about X over the past two years here or anyplace else. Having used it on a near-exclsuive basis since 10.0.0 for two years, I'll put my professional "seat time" with X up against anyone. Period.

[Craig Shamwell] "Right now for Editors like Oliver and Kevin, being a Professional Editor means spending thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours learning that expensive software."

Maybe you should get your facts straight. I never said anything about thousands of dollars and if you think having hundreds of hours of experience with software is not essential, then I beg to differ. It's not hundreds - it's thousands, before you can even consider yourself any good. From the POV of a client, that's incredibly important. After all, full-time for a year as a working editor is about 2,000. Just a starting point.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]