APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX is not used by professionals and only suitable for editing home movies!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dan Stewart
Re: FCPX is not used by professionals and only suitable for editing home movies!
on Oct 22, 2013 at 10:42:36 am

This is a good example of the miscommunication at the heart of this thread. The article is meant for mercenary broadcast-feature-spot editors who walk into facilities houses, ask for a cup of tea (yes im in the UK) and start cutting. The point the article was making: you will be sat in front of an Avid. Maybe Premiere but that has never happened to me. FCP7 was edging in for a long time, at it's peak maybe a third of my work. Now almost none. There are a few FCPL setups still around but mostly in-house suites with plans to switch to avid or premiere next cycle.
Maybe FCPX will become a viable option for post houses when the unofficial open beta they've been running is complete. Whether anyone would be crazy enough to put their multi-million dollar eggs in Apples basket again I seriously doubt.
Even if, as a little bird told me, the new FCPX has audio tracks..

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]