APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX is not used by professionals and only suitable for editing home movies!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brett Sherman
Re: FCPX is not used by professionals and only suitable for editing home movies!
on Oct 21, 2013 at 4:00:07 pm

This article is just plain dumb. He suggests two things in it.

1. FCP X is not ready for professional use, let me quote:

"there's only one answer. No."

Well, that's easy to disprove. I'm a professional, I use it. There are many others like me. We can argue all day about market penetration, but the fact is that many professionals use it every day. That point is completely dis-proven.

2. The fact that facilities currently using Media Composer or Premiere Pro CC aren't switching to FCP X proves that it is not professional.

"It doesn't matter who (individual users) are using it. It matters which post production facilities are switching their Media Composers and Premiere Pro CC stations out for FCPX. I'll be honest with you, they aren't."

Let me take these one by one. If you are using Media Composer, chances are you need a collaborative workflow. We all know that is a current weakness with FCP X. People get around it, including myself, but if your business is built around a certain type of project sharing it would be difficult logistically to switch at this point.

Second, why would you buy Premiere Pro CC and then a couple months later switch to FCP X. No business person in their right mind would do this. So the fact that no one has done this is not surprising in the least.

There is an obvious bias towards big facilities and freelancers in this article. Fine. But that is a limited sampling of the professionals in the video field. The fact that FCP X has not caught on in a big way with large facilities is not surprising to anyone at this point. But the reasons for that have little to do with whether or not FCP X is "ready for professional use."

At this point I'm not sure I'd bet the bank on Media Composer being around forever either. Avid has got some real problems ahead.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]