APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX is not used by professionals and only suitable for editing home movies!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: FCPX is not used by professionals and only suitable for editing home movies!
on Oct 20, 2013 at 10:00:29 am

I was able to double my income because of FCPX, and especially since here in Germany very few use X. Promiflash, where I freelanced this year in X had a very hard time finding good editors who could deal with X. The other editors they found had to be trained, but got the hang of it in a few days. Now Promiflash does not primarily do video, so you don't have the same creative pressures like in a postproduction, but we had to be fast, (7 hours for 3.30 minutes, including sound recording, and onlining and one of the things that helped was being able to work during transcoding and the fast rendering, in 7 we would have taken 2 hours longer simply for transcode and export.

I do feel disappointed that many are not adopting X since it could really benefit certain clients, but thats for the postproduction to decide. The argument that X in not professional is simply not true. But again, there are still alot of postproductions in Germany that never opened up to Legacy, so why should they jump to X... Many of the issues I've heard of actually come from some bad experiences companies had with Legacy. At least in my experience 7 does not work very smoothly in a shared environment with XDcam or at least not on the one I was working on. When I asked one place if they could at least get Motion 5, their argument against it was having had bad experiences with Motion 4, even though 5 is so much better. I am still amazed how so many pros make such generalized statements without actually really trying things out. All the people I've trained like it, even the one that generally use PCs and adobe, and was one of the first haters I met.

I am professional using X, but I still have to use Avid and FCP 7, and might need to train myself on Premiere pretty soon. I simply have one more tool under my belt. But there are plenty of editors who don't need to change, plenty of Avid editors who will never need to deal with Apple for the rest of their lives, more power to them.

Many of us will continue making money with X, parts of the industry will start adopting it more and more.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]