APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Adobe Security breach- 2.9 million user accounts affected.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter Soyka
Re: Adobe Security breach- 2.9 million user accounts affected.
on Oct 4, 2013 at 5:53:46 pm

[Mitch Ives] "If you're happy with blanket statements, without any proof or assurances, run with with it. I wish you all the success in the world, and truly hope you are right. I'd like to be wrong this time. Still, why is it that I have a sinking feeling... oh, that's the voice of experience I hear in my head..."

Fair enough, Mitch. You understandably want to eliminate every risk you can. I can't argue with that -- but speaking for myself, I don't think I can realistically eliminate all these risks from my business, so I ultimately choose to trust that the companies I do business with will do what they say.

I'm a long-term Adobe customer, too, and I've been on Creative Cloud since the CS6 cycle. It's been flawless for me so far. Honestly, I am more worried about severe weather knocking out my power for a few days than I am about losing time to a Creative Cloud activation problem.

I am not trying to argue with you or say that you're wrong. I just think that the risk levels here are subjective and that while Adobe has taken steps like the grace period to try to mitigate them, we must each decide what we can tolerate.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]