APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Adobe Security breach- 2.9 million user accounts affected.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Adobe Security breach- 2.9 million user accounts affected.
on Oct 4, 2013 at 3:15:39 am

I guess I feel that in any system where you have to re-authorize the card every month, you're put in a position where you have to have a current validatable card on constant file.

I know when I look at my Amazon Account, for example, I have maybe six cards going back in time, many of them expired or retired that will no longer authorize.

With the Apple purchase system, if I don't buy anything on-line from them for a while, I often find that I have an outdated card linked and I need to fix that prior to a new purchase. Depends entirely on your purchase frequency. I'm sitting here using FCP-X 10.0.8 which I bought nearly two years ago and am still actively using, so at least there's a chance if a black hat hacked them, the bad guy would only get an outdated card, provided I didn't hook the account up to a persistent funds source like AmEx.

Modern credit card roulette?

Maybe next time I should think about starting to make my on-line software purchases using pre-paid grocery store cards as a form of identity theft insurance?

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]