APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

"FCP-X Improved or Expedited" thread collapsed on my screen - so to continue...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
"FCP-X Improved or Expedited" thread collapsed on my screen - so to continue...
on Oct 3, 2013 at 7:03:31 pm

Was involved in the interesting discussion in the "How has FCP-X Improved or Expedited, thread, but when I came back to the discussion today, that thread seems to have been collapsed down to about 3 participants and I wanted to respond to a couple of posts that indicate how students learning X from Scratch are finding it REALLY easy.

The comment form the teacher was that he had a student who had the audio track on the Primary and built his video BELOW that - and how the teacher's initial instinct was to "correct" the student - only to realize that with the X structure - it's no longer necessarily "correct" to require the video to be "over" the audio than vice versa.

Which reminded me that this idea was precisely part of my last week's AZFCPUG FCP-X on-line web lesson.

I demonstrated this music video timeline I built for a local artist...

Where my audio track is embedded in the primary as part of the multi-cam clip - then I was able to build both over AND under the Primary with video composites - depending on how I wanted the composites to work.

It's a VERY useful construct - not to be constrained by "audio tracks must always be BELOW an arbitrary line" - and Video tracks must always be ABOVE it.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]