APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Live Last Night

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Live Last Night
on Sep 26, 2013 at 6:40:12 pm

[Craig Seeman] "Send a switched feed back into Skype. Monitoring the live stream itself is useless for a remote presenter due to the lag and this is especially so when viewing an HTTP live stream as would be seen on an iOS device.
"

We had a team of 4 doing the FOH video mix.

One Director/video switcher.
One Audio guy.
Linda, doing Social Monitor for Q&A.
And Brad doing the Webcasting.
So I presume I have to add another body and laptop to do a Skype connect?

What I "don't" want is the show needing to look more and more like NASA mission control!

I've seen "big budget" webcasts that look EXACTLY like that. 20 bodies or more sitting at long tables at laptops with everyone doing a specific job. That's exactly the model I DO NOT want to pursue.

So the question becomes what's the smallest crew footprint consistent with quality results?

I think the MOST important body is likely Audio. Even if you just have a web feed, an RF problem or mic with a failing battery can stop effective show to audience communication in it's tracks.

One person CAN do the video stuff - particularly with robo-cams like we're using and nothing fancy with the virtual switching - and I have to admit I'm a bit interested in the tech like Sony's new "all in one" Anycast rig - one box with the monitoring, switching AND web delivery all in a single portable unit. Combined with the proper LiveStream account that handles the social media stuff directly in the webcast window, that might allow a 2-person team to do a quality live to the web show.

But until I can find a way to make this kind of project even a very modest revenue generator, it's all theoretical.

Like many others, I've proved I can deliver a decent product at this point. Now I need to see if I can turn it into a sustainable enterprise.

I can do a few more "out of pocket" shows. But without revenue, it will eventually become just too much hassle to sustain.

Next month, if the audience grows, I'll have a story to tell potential sponsors. If it stays flat or doesn't gain traction, it's will become just an expensive hobby - and nobody I know has much use for one of those.

Time will tell.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]