APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Live Last Night

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Live Last Night
on Sep 26, 2013 at 6:02:49 pm

Add on note about the tech.

One real hassle is scaling the laptop outputs for both the web AND simultaneously for live projection. Unless you're rich enough to have a projector that does 1920x1080 native, you have to do what we did and insert something like a Folsom scaler to take the HD web feed and "dumb it down" so that we could put it on a VGA projector for the live audience.

I think poor Brad spend a very nervous 45 minutes during show setup trying to get the live room screen AND the web feed both locked down and working right. Every time we turned around, the audience projector would be showing one or two color channels, but not the entire RGB signal. THAT was fun.

Also I was using a 15" Macbook Pro and Tery Williams from AJA had a 17" model - so we also had two different native original aspect ratios to feed the scaler!

It's this kind of digital plumbing that gets truly NUTS when you do a show like this.

Kinda why I did those two "unannounced test" shows - just to start to understand where things might go wrong, before I let much of anyone know we were doing this.

Broadway's got that right. Open the show out of town so that you can fix what's wrong before EVERYONE's watching - balanced against test things to death and NEVER go live. At some poing, perfect or not, you've just got to push the "send" button.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]