APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Live Last Night

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Seeman
Re: Live Last Night
on Sep 26, 2013 at 5:50:09 pm

[Dave Gage] "Bill mentioned using LiveStream. I've been using Adobe Connect with lots of issues and will likely try a trial of GoToMeeting in the near future."

It seems that AC and G2M are geared towards presenting PowerPoint style presentations. Maybe the technology has changed but the display frame rates seem on the low side. On the other hand the screen display resolutions are high. You can do screen display on Livestream with their Livestream Producer's screengraber or Wirecast's Desktop Presenter. Wirecast's Desktop Presenter allows sending screens or windows across a local area network whereas Livestream's Producer doesn't do that.

[Dave Gage] "Up to this point, I've been using my Quad i7 17" MBP built-in FaceTime HD camera and mic which works "okay". I don't own a stand-alone video camera that the Mac will see, but I am considering buying a Logitech 920 webcam/mic to see if it works better for me."

Blackmagic Ultrastudio MiniRecorder has both HDMI and HD-SDI input to Thunderbolt for $140. Allows for virtually any consumer or professional video camera as source. I've used Logitech C910 and it works great for "host cam" if you're right in front of the computer but not good if you're shooting a speaker at the front of a room.

[Dave Gage] "So, I've tried two 3rd party solutions for this: Webcam Settings, and iGlasses. Both have problems."

I've used both as well and I much prefer Webcam Settings. It works like a real webcam driver in that you actually control the camera internals.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/webcam-settings/id533696630?mt=12

Again, that said, using the BMD MiniRecorder is the way to go to use a real camera.

[Dave Gage] "Anyway, I'd love to discuss this more, possibly in a new thread or offline."

Maybe on the COW Web Streaming forum so others can benefit.
http://forums.creativecow.net/webstreamingaudiovideo

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]