APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Live Last Night

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Live Last Night
on Sep 26, 2013 at 5:49:41 pm

[Ronny Courtens] "If I may Bill, I would like to suggest one thing for the webcast: when you demoed the multicam or when you talked about the keyer all we saw was the FCPX timeline for the multicam or a green screen clip in the browser for the keyer, but we did not see the multicam or the keyer at work. As both these features are among the many things where FCPX really excels it would have been better to see them in action."

Truly, thank you for the "note", and YES, YES, YES, I agree.
Honestly, this was partially just about time. I had more prep time on my first presentation, and realized for the last one, I'd essentially have to do it "live" in real-time and so I did a much poorer job of hitting many points I should have made. Crafting content that's tight and doesn't miss too much - isn't easy!

I will note, that to my surprise and delight, the Music Video piece got the most "after show" comments at the live meeting from people who were absolutely blown away that in X you can work both above and below the primary. Even people who have been using it for months seemed to have NO concept of that.

You never know what a particular user will or won't know - and might find to be a hugely important idea for them to see in action, even if its something you and I take for granted.

Another reason I'm pushing so hard to broaden the teaching base of the show to beyond just how *I* do things.

But truly, thanks for the feedback. Feedback is crucial at this stage. I still don't quite know what the show "should" be. All live? Partially live with pre-taped inserts? Should I present primarily to the web audience as host (what I tried last night) or work more to the live audience and just let the camera "observe the meeting"?

All sorts of plusses and minuses involved in each. But with every show, I can push a few more things into either the "do more of this" or "wow, don't ever do THAT again!" column.

; )

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]