APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Live Last Night

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Live Last Night
on Sep 26, 2013 at 5:12:30 pm

What tech? Too much at present!

Hardware wise for the Web, one manned and 2 robotic cameras fed via HD-SDI to a new Panasonic digital switcher. Audio was two wireless bodypacks plus a wireless handheld to a mixer - all feeding a TriCaster via phone line to LiveStream. Both the switcher and the TriCaster could take the inputs and do the switching, but that means one brain doing cameras, audio and web output, plus handling the social media interactions. Too much, IMO.

Then there's the live room audience stuff. A separate audio mix and speakers and video projection from the content laptops.

Next month we add a mix minus audio side chain and a digital hybrid to take a live phone feed, if needed.

During the AJA presentation last night, I was looking at our Livestream on Jeff Way's iPad, and watching the delay involved. not bad, really, but FAR from allowing a remote presenter to contribute and monitor, as I expected.

What I'm learning is that like many things in this era, it's actually amazingly easy to get up to mediocre performance with tech stuff. And then the curve gets REALLY steep to try to get beyond mediocre.

Right now, I'm using the traditional production tools and processes I've spent a career learning, but I also know that these may not be the best ones for the long run. But you really can't figure that out unless you do the hard, hard work of trial and error.

And so it goes.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]