APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Live Last Night

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave Gage
Re: Live Last Night
on Sep 26, 2013 at 5:09:02 pm

[Craig Seeman] "I'm neck deep into live streaming (It's part of my business) so I have lots of questions and thoughts about this."

Craig and Bill Davis,

(I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it, I hope it will be archived online to view.)

I'm also involved with live streaming, although not to large crowds, just small groups of website members, but I also have problems and questions about this.

Bill mentioned using LiveStream. I've been using Adobe Connect with lots of issues and will likely try a trial of GoToMeeting in the near future. Fortunately, I'm always in the same "studio" to shoot (a back room of my house), so most of my issues are less complex, but I do have some hardware issues I'd like to discuss.
--

Up to this point, I've been using my Quad i7 17" MBP built-in FaceTime HD camera and mic which works "okay". I don't own a stand-alone video camera that the Mac will see, but I am considering buying a Logitech 920 webcam/mic to see if it works better for me.

The main problem with the built-in camera is the lack of controls built-in by Apple, i.e. white balance, color, contrast, exposure, saturation, etc. So, I've tried two 3rd party solutions for this: Webcam Settings, and iGlasses. Both have problems.

Anyway, I'd love to discuss this more, possibly in a new thread or offline. I can be reached directly at webmaster3 (at) harmonicalessons (dot) com if that works better than posting. And I do realize that it's boorish and against web etiquette, but I could even talk on the phone about this. I won't post the number here, but I could email it to you.

Thanks,
Dave

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]