APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Live Last Night

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Live Last Night
on Sep 26, 2013 at 3:19:11 pm

Thanks to all who watched, it was fun to do. Last night was our first foray into LiveStream after two tests on a less robust CDN.. I'm still trying to figure out the best show structure and workflow - since what works best for the live group isn't necessarily what works best for the web audience and vice versa. Just posting the show capture without massaging it is kinda silly, since who wants to watch 10 minutes of a prize raffle that happened in Arizona months ago?

It IS really cool to be able to reach the whole world with live video from anywhere. But being able to do something isn't the same as being able to do it well, so it's a learning curve. Hopefully, every month we'll improve. Was delighted to hear from the web team that it seemed as easy last night for Remy in Belgium to interact live via the Livestream social side chain during the show as someone down the street. That was something we hadn't managed before. (and I'm so appreciative, Remy that you got up at 4am local to watch, thanks!).

I also know it's a risk doing so much basic stuff up front rather than just concentrating on the latest and greatest features and news about X, but if downstream, if I can build a solid archive as "persistent channel content" in my FCP-X Project Library, I should be able to simply ammend and refresh it as FCP-X evolves. That's the thinking, anyway.

So much to think about in this brave new on-line and on-demand world.

But evolve or perish, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for the eyeballs and comments, much appreciated.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]