APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Interesting presentation....

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dan Stewart
Re: Interesting presentation....
on Sep 16, 2013 at 7:22:20 pm

I have no problem with enthusiastic youth (or old age).

But goddam I'm getting tired of people propagandising tech. I own Avid MC on a clapped out PC, FCPL on an old mac and a 2perf 35mm that sounds like a lawnmower but reams the Alexa in every available port. Mates have DSLRs of all flavours. And I'm happy! I pay my bills cutting mostly on Avid, occasionally (less and less) on FCPL. I can walk into any shop of any size and deliver the best possible film for the material given IMnotHO. Did it today for Comedy Central (on FCPL).

If FCPX is an assistants/corporate bureaucracy's wet dream then great. I dont give a shit about keywords. I need to KNOW the material in any case. If the job is big enough someone else can organise it. If not it's moot. I just need some rolls, bins and a solid cutter that can share storage and connect to a big decent colour screen.

If kids (and old men) want to go ON AND ON with the hard sell about how the latest shiny toy will make your film better then I hope they're enjoying themselves as much as it seems.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]