APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Interesting presentation....

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: Interesting presentation....
on Sep 15, 2013 at 5:40:05 pm

that was pretty funny - he intros it like he's about to give a ted talk, but basically that's an infomercial for their services.

Who hasn't heard about movi? or the c500? He's like, get ready, I'm about to blow your mind, then he lists off some good expensive gear that everyone has heard about, on a video for an artist I have to admit I hadn't heard of..

Also - I think everyone gets that X plays a really good game as keyword manager yada yada, but I'm really surprised he pushed that much post through it. the keyframing is atrocious, and as for it being plugin extensible, depending on what you're talking about, thats not really true. The effects architecture is crazily limited. the fact that you can't get a custom gui on screen even - what was that full on colour correction plugin that came out a while back - and then halfway through the sales video you realised that their GUI affected their own CC waveforms - what was that one? - because that was hilarious. there was a setting that almost totally turned the effect controls off so you could read the waveform monitors accurately? X has some ludicrous shortcomings in its effects architecture.

Also, the way he talked about the plug-in community, you'd swear no one was making plug-ins for any other system? Adobe is drowning in plug-ins, broadly speaking. And they've got an integrated market thing directly within premiere itself for footage (you can browse and download pond 5 stuff directly within your PPro project) and plugins now in CC - haven't used it mind you.

Aaanyway - that did basically sound like a guy desperately keen to be seen as a super duper revelations smart svengali for the future.
I got the strong sensation of smoke hitting my rear end.

I didn't totally buy it tbh. I think he's just another guy on the doorstep selling something.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]