APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro user... considering FCP X... do I upgrade?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: Final Cut Pro user... considering FCP X... do I upgrade?
on Sep 13, 2013 at 9:17:55 pm

Tony -

Thanks for the info about Vimeo, I am starting to play around with it and it might have some advantages for some of the stuff i send out.

As to the whole "one click" thing -

Exporting in the background is the great time saver, and as someone still using Legacy I envy you that ability, but it works with or without the "one click" button. I believe PPro has background rendering through a send to AME command and I think Avid has it as well now.

With Legacy I send "pointer" files to an AME watch folder and AME automatically converts it to what I want; not as fast as true background rendering since I still have to wait for the export, but I'm not creating the .h264 in Legacy and because it's not a self contained video file it doesn't take too long. AME can also send the file to an FTP site automatically if that suits your client.

Also, on further exploration it seems that the finder in Mountain Lion has a send to Vimeo button, so any NLE that creates a file on Mountain Lion gets this feature.

In addition Vimeo uses Dropbox so that if you export your file from any NLE to the properly setup Dropbox folder Vimeo will upload it automatically.

All in all I really don't think that the "one click" publish to Vimeo button is something I would be using to sell X with.

But thanks to both you and Bill for getting me looking at Vimeo Pro.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]