APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro user... considering FCP X... do I upgrade?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

tony west
Re: Final Cut Pro user... considering FCP X... do I upgrade?
on Sep 13, 2013 at 3:50:27 pm

[Herb Sevush] "I never use Vimeo or Youtube for posting, my clients "

That's fine, but I got all kinds of clients with all kinds of needs.

A ton of corporate clients want their videos on youtube.

I did a job for the United States Department of Energy and they wanted their stuff up there. I don't care where they want it, I will post it on the moon if the price is right.

My point wasn't about what you personally do, it's was more to Apple jumping on that trend and streamlining the overall process of editing.

Yes, it's easy to post video up online these days. Doesn't change the fact that many corporate clients chose to pay folks to do it for them I while back. Many didn't have a clue how to do it, and if you are saying most corporate clients knew how to use compressor, I don;t believe that.

[Herb Sevush] "In FCP I export with Quicktime Conversion generally using a very specific set of options. Takes me 30 seconds to set up,"

I don't think we are talking about the same thing here, It takes more than 30 secs to export from the timeline. Depending on the length and how heavy the graphics are. So you have to wait for that time for it to export and then upload it. What I'm saying is I don't wait for it. I can just leave to do other things.

And don't worry about people thinking it's iMovie brother, that's been settled.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]