APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro user... considering FCP X... do I upgrade?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: Final Cut Pro user... considering FCP X... do I upgrade?
on Sep 13, 2013 at 2:47:38 pm

[tony west] "One point about the one click Herb, it's just another example of X simplifying the process."

[tony west] "Now folks don't have to know much about compression. They can just click that one button.
Is that a big deal for people who already knew how to get video up there? No. But for some folks it maybe is."

I never use Vimeo or Youtube for posting, my clients want me to send them files directly, so once again X has this great feature that means nothing to me.

In FCP I export with Quicktime Conversion generally using a very specific set of options. Takes me 30 seconds to set up, I checked with a stopwatch. If I do another export today or use one of the default settings it will take 5 seconds. Uploading a file to Vimeo is literally child's play - children do it all the time. Is a single "click" more convenient - well yes, as long as your using Vimeo. And quite honestly, touting it makes X sound like it's designed for morons - which it isn't. But nothing makes it seem more like an iMovie ap than bragging about "one click" publishing to Vimeo. That's what you get with an iphone ap.

If the market decrees that this is a big deal, I will expect to see it on Avid and PPro real soon. This is not one of Bill's meta-data enriched features and it doesn't seem to require a magnetic timeline.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]