APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro user... considering FCP X... do I upgrade?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

tony west
Re: Final Cut Pro user... considering FCP X... do I upgrade?
on Sep 13, 2013 at 2:08:47 pm

[Herb Sevush] "Transformative - you'd have to explain that one to me. Unless you think one click posting to Vimeo is transformative. In that they seem to have the market sown up."

One point about the one click Herb, it's just another example of X simplifying the process.

Compressing video for the web used to be kind of a knack on to itself. You had to get the compression right so it wouldn't be buffing on and on for people with slower connections. You had to strike that balance between nice quality and the speed in which it would play for most people that would see it.

Now folks don't have to know much about compression. They can just click that one button.
Is that a big deal for people who already knew how to get video up there? No. But for some folks it maybe is.

Apple is smart. They still have the compressor program for folks that want to do their own compression so they can reach the advanced and the not so advanced at the same time.

What I like about that button is that, while Chris pointed out it may not be faster, but I can send it up there and leave and run errands and when I come back it's up there. Not a super big deal but I like it.
It makes me more productive. There is not enough time in the day for me.

This guy is really enjoying using X and is out there advocating for the product more effectively than Apple is hahahaha

Clearly he loves what the program can do for him.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]