APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro user... considering FCP X... do I upgrade?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Final Cut Pro user... considering FCP X... do I upgrade?
on Sep 13, 2013 at 3:32:55 am

[Herb Sevush] "Someone was offering it as an answer to the question "should I or shouldn't I" and I merely pointed out that the article only covered ingest, hardly the only thing to consider when choosing an NLE."

Actually, not really. The article also discussed the end to end creation of secondary uses such as production dailys and the turnkey EPK material - which I presume would include final output of beneficial work in usable form. So that's far beyond just "ingest." While this particular production might not be doing the editing of their MASTER directly in FCP-X, Sam mentioned elsewhere that after a 3 day layover in NYC, he's headed out again, and this time the motion picture project he's slated to work on is scheduled to do their final edit in X.

I don't know him personally nor would I ever I presume to speak for him or anyone else, but, but it sounds like he feels that X is very much an underrated technical solution for high level content creation in a pretty wide sense.

I'm sure the discussion will continue and we'll know more as time goes on. But what is indisputable is that the "re-imagining" of editing around metadata manipulation that forms the very core of X - appears to be starting to yield benefits across and wider and wider range of production types - feature films being one of them.

Which is good for all. It will keep AVID and Premier on their toes if they come to feel that the concepts built into the core of X are useful and they they need to elevate their game beyond the "this is the way we've always done it, now just everyone do it faster and in a cloud" mode of thinking.

Honestly, that WILL work perfectly well for some editors. All they want is to be left alone with the tools they're already comfortable with and see continuing progress. But thats not the path for all.

AVID has the hollywood rep. Premier has an amazing product depth with what sometimes seems like a zillion moduels many of which work in in concert to meet the needs of a whole range of creative professionals, video editors being just ONE small part of their company focus.. And X is a new kind of editorial and content management construction concept for a new era. Room for all these and more, in my book.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]