APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro user... considering FCP X... do I upgrade?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Final Cut Pro user... considering FCP X... do I upgrade?
on Sep 12, 2013 at 8:23:25 pm

[Herb Sevush] "Considering that the entire article is devoted to ingest and organization and not a single sentence to editing, finishing and delivery, I don't think that article will do for an answer. Unless your an assistant editor.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions"

Yup. Cuz it's obvious that if X gains a substantial foothold on sets doing all the ingest and key wording - theres NO chance that as its edit tools continue to develop beyond where they are right now anybody would at some point say, "Ah, screw it. we're already processing the whole front end in X, lets just finish there too since the new 2.0 version (or whatever) now has all the high end workflow bells and whistles as well."

What exactly is the issue now that X can't EASILY address with simple, continued development?

The truth is it's a GREAT editing platform right now. Today.

And the group of potential users who have a specific need that it can't address is getting smaller and smaller.

Apple is building a new box perfect for it. And if that box is at all affordable, they can transform yet another industry.

Or do you really think that the Hollywood pros will buy and use X because it drives huge costs out of ingest and organization and then Apple won't be able to leverage that lead into finishing and distribution? Apple? Really?

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]