APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Final Cut Pro user... considering FCP X... do I upgrade?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Re: Final Cut Pro user... considering FCP X... do I upgrade?
on Sep 12, 2013 at 8:01:26 am

[Travis Roesler] "I hear a lot of mixed reviews.

Please let me know what you guys think.
"

Video editing can be a mixed bag of different flavors. An editor working in a company sharing seats and duties with other professionals and an event videographer or a freelance documentarist can have slightly or less slightly different needs. My experience as a freelance documentarist with FCPX is great. A couple of weeks ago I was working with a friend on an old project involving tape, so I had to switch back to 7 Even though I loved at the time, it felt really old now. I'd never go back. I find the X to be much faster in my real world experience. What helps me most is the magnetic timeline, once I got used to it, the skimming option for timeline or single clip, which is just great, and the media organization that lets me find all the jellyfish images I collected in years among a ton of clips, or the "new age" or "upbeat" audio tracks in my background music archive in a few seconds. I am working with the current version with minor flaws on an upgraded early 2008 Mac Pro. It still does the job and lets me deliver to the TV channel I work for, so yours should be even better. Upgrading to the new MP or just a rMBP will also mean adding to the machine price 1000,00 USD or more for an external TB offering the speed of the internal RAID you can build striping three drives on the old MP, a TB to esata adapter if you still own a lot of archive on esata raids and need to backup and archive stuff, a TB RT HD output card, unless the next version of FCPX offers this via the onboard HDMI port, and possibly other third party adapters like a PCIe to TB one if you use other cards. If you are on a low budget and paid a nice price for the MP and you don't plan to work on large formats material for a couple of years, I don't see it as a so bad purchase as others do.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy
early 2008 MacPro, BM Intensity Pro, early 2008 iMac, 2011 MacBook Pro, FCP7, FCPX, OSX 10.8.3

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]