APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: HP does Thunderbolt 2 possibly ahead of Apple. Laptops with original Thunderbolt

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Seeman
Re: HP does Thunderbolt 2 possibly ahead of Apple. Laptops with original Thunderbolt
on Sep 10, 2013 at 11:31:25 pm

Apple sees the PCIe card market as a shrinking niche. There are cards that are best in 8x and 16x slots. Since most of those using two 16x cards are dealign with two GPUs Apple addressed that by including two GPUs. Granted things are locked in but this goes back to my comments going back to when the forum first started. People described Apple as a "consumer" company and I contended they're a "commodity" company.

There's pluses and minuses to HPs vs Apple's business model. Which one is better depends on where one is coming from both as a potential customer and the company's business model. I think Apple is prioritizing their costs to maximize benefits within their market approach. I think Apple's model is going to work out well for them. In the computer market they tend to relatively well when one looks at sales of computers over $1000 for example.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]