APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Minimum editing platform for FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mathieu Ghekiere
Re: Minimum editing platform for FCPX
on Sep 10, 2013 at 11:39:15 am

In the FCPX preferences we always put it on Better Performance, except when we edit in 3D, and have the stream going to a 3D plasma with an Aja T-Tap, then we put it on Higher Quality.

Often we just use computer monitors to work with, except for the 3D work. We use Apple Cinema Displays, at this point still the older matte ones. We produce a lot of medical videos, and stuff for medical congresses.

No, I haven't noticed overheating issues. Yes, sometimes they can run very hot, but this is always the case with any kind of laptop that's doing heavy duty work. They run long hours here, and if we don't use them, we let them cool down, but we've never really had stability or overheating issues.

Again, FCPX can sometimes act a bit weird, but it very rarely happens at our facility, and sometimes it's expected (going trough 4 streams of Prores with a couple of image effects on all of them). But I think the Retina Macbook Pro's and the new iMacs are at this point (before the new Mac Pro comes out) the best computers to handle FCPX. And from what I've read, there isn't that much of a difference between the iMac and the Retina except maybe for certain specific tasks.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]