APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Looking Ahead to 10.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Geert van den Berg
Re: Looking Ahead to 10.1
on Aug 31, 2013 at 9:55:52 am

I think we're saying the same thing. It's possible but unlikely. Name one Apple Pro App which allows collaboration. But I have to admit I did not read about the capabilities of Core Data yet.

I did read some interesting things in the Apple developer Core Data technology overview:

Merge policies.
Core Data provides built in version tracking and optimistic locking to support automatic multi-writer conflict resolution.

What Core Data Is Not
Core Data is not a relational database or a relational database management system (RDBMS).
Core Data provides an infrastructure for change management and for saving objects to and retrieving them from storage. It can use SQLite as one of its persistent store types. It is not, though, in and of itself a database. (To emphasize this point: you could for example use just an in-memory store in your application. You could use Core Data for change tracking and management, but never actually save any data in a file.)

FAQ.
How do I use my existing SQLite database with Core Data?

You don’t. Although Core Data supports SQLite as one of its persistent store types, the database format is private. You cannot create a SQLite database using native SQLite API and use it directly with Core Data (nor should you manipulate an existing Core Data SQLite store using native SQLite API). If you have an existing SQLite database, you need to import it into a Core Data store (see “Efficiently Importing Data”)

What I think we'll get though is Eventsharing comparable to sharing an iTunes library. Read-Only.

But of course there are no boundaries for Apple to implement another hook in the app or change databases. If Apple creates something which works for Final Cut Pro X they'll be able to use the same technology or app for Aperture and Logic as well, maybe it is in the pipeline... I have gotten a bit more optimistic again.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]