APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Premiere or FCPX, still hating FCPX's timeline behaviour

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: Premiere or FCPX, still hating FCPX's timeline behaviour
on Aug 23, 2013 at 7:26:49 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "X has all of this, too, it just works differently and most of the time, the relationships are defined in a different way than tracks and time. Secondary storylines are tracks, they just don't extend from frame zero to frame end. This is a big difference. Once you learn that you are working (vertically) on sections of the video you start to understand how X works up and down, left and right. Once you understand how the timeline moves, you start to understand how powerful (and fast) it can be."

Yep. Cutting in X, for me, has been an ongoing process of "discovery" for lack of a better word. Started out trying to emulate track based cutting using only connected clips. It was clunky... Then dove into the primary cautiously... better. (Love popping in and out for tweaks btw). Then started using secondaries, clumsily at first until I figured out how best to use 'em. Now, it's all second nature... except for the things I keep "discovering". There is a lot. :-) I have no problems with clips "unexpectedly" moving, because I know what they're going to do and work accordingly. I do wish there was an option key to paste a clip, specifically video, on top of other connected clips... It used to, but they changed the behavior in .06... that's a little frustrating.

There's certainly room for improvement, but I'm working in FCP 7 this week and it's... frustrating. ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]