APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Premiere or FCPX, still hating FCPX's timeline behaviour

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lance Bachelder
Re: Premiere or FCPX, still hating FCPX's timeline behaviour
on Aug 23, 2013 at 7:13:21 pm

Yeah I kinda agree - for all I like and even love about FCPX, the interface, beautiful "live" waveforms, superfast color controls, great scopes... it's actually editing that's the worst feature of all lol. I'm not sure it's a software companies job to disregard their entire user base and basically tell them sorry, we've been screwing up the last 12 years, but we've got it right now and we're gonna tell Editor's how to edit the right way.

I do think Premiere CC is the first FCP7 worthy successor - I've been cutting on it daily since the June release and though it still has some shortcomings, I really like it. Do I wish Apple would have just would have made FCP 8 a fast 64 bit version of 7, heck yeah, but they didn't, so Premiere CC is second best thing I've found. And now that's it's only $19 month it may also be the best bargain in the pro NLE arena.

This is not to say I'll never cut on X again, I have no problem going back and forth depending on the show and even throw a little Sony Vegas in now and again when I need to get something out faster than X or CC can.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]