APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Premiere or FCPX, still hating FCPX's timeline behaviour

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tony Corapi
Re: Premiere or FCPX, still hating FCPX's timeline behaviour
on Aug 23, 2013 at 6:22:31 pm

I think some of the frustration for me at times working in the timeline is how connected clips behave vertically. I think it's basically because the Primary storyline does not also move vertically ( up or down) so acts like a wall if you will. Above the Primary (usually reserved for the video but not always) clips always jump up out of the way because the the Primary is locked and they don't have any other direction to go.So if if you have 2 connected clips A and B, if you want to extend the end point of clip A, clip B jumps up vertically in exact opposite direction I want it to go because now I have to move it right or edit the in point of B back to see the new end point of A. If I want to take the in point of B and drag it left A jumps up out of the way when I would rather have it jump down out of the way. Ironically if I put those clips below the Primary (normally where the audio goes) they behave the way I normally would expect their behavior. I think it would be helpful if you could use a modifier key let's say holding the up or down arrow as your extending a connected clip to have the clips move out of your way in the direction you want.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]