APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Premiere or FCPX, still hating FCPX's timeline behaviour

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: Premiere or FCPX, still hating FCPX's timeline behaviour
on Aug 23, 2013 at 1:28:39 pm

X is like snowboarding. It's better than skiing. Most kids learn snowboarding instead. It has one board, no poles, and it's quicker to learn than skiing. But I've met lots of skiers that have tried it and said they didn't like it. It was too difficult. They didn't get it. Their butt hurt. Etc. But the real problem was that they were awesome skiers. They'd been skiing 20 years and they were good at it. They'd mastered it. Even if snowboarding was better, more efficient, simpler, cheaper, they were still happier with skiing. They didn't enjoy being out of their comfort zone. They didn't enjoy not being an expert.

I think X is arguably like that. We all became experts after 5-10 years of using a certain NLE methodology. Legacy, Premiere and Avid were just different brands of skis. X is a snowboard. You've got to enjoy tackling something new and ride the bunny slope a little bit. And when the little kids are in the half pipe while you're still falling off the chair lift try not to scream "I'd kick your ass on skis!"

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]