APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Premiere or FCPX, still hating FCPX's timeline behaviour

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Snow
Re: Premiere or FCPX, still hating FCPX's timeline behaviour
on Aug 23, 2013 at 10:35:36 am

Usually I need at least 4 video-tracks, tossing clips around and on top of each other without deleting or changing the other clips, all the while leaving the rest of the timeline the same in the meantime.

Even when I take the Position tool and construct some "Gap-V-Tracks", FCPX doesn't even respect those Gaps. It's frustrating... What the hell is so wrong with normal Tracks!?

I think I can't get used to the paradigm of having only one storyline that rules them all.
I don't have a primary storyline! I would like to make a Video...

Every shot is as important as any other anywhere, but the shot that is on top is going to be in the movie, it's that physical and simple, i think.

Unless FCPX gives me breathing space to edit (Tracks) and respect for my editing (stops moving and snapping around Clips without asking) I am not willing to "get used to" as long as there are alternatives.

I tried and watched tutorials too often now already. This timeline-editing behaviour is just not working for me, I guess. Besides I need Bezier-Speed-Controls built-in.

Again: Is it possible to "domesticate" this timeline-editing in FCPX or would I have to change how I edit?

Your experiences?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]